ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response (AADMER)
Work Programme 2010-2015 (4th Reprint)
The ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response or AADMER has been ratified by all ten Member States and entered into force on 24 December 2009. The AADMER is a proactive regional framework for cooperation, coordination, technical assistance, and resource mobilisation in all aspects of disaster management. It also affirms ASEAN’s commitment to the Hyogo Framework of Action (HFA) and is the first legally-binding HFA-related instrument in the world.
The Work Programme seeks to translate AADMER’s spirit and intent into concrete actions and initiatives to be implemented from 2010 to 2015 in order to attain the ASEAN vision of disaster resilient nations and safe communities by 2015. Adopted by the 15th Meeting of the ASEAN Committee on Disaster Management (ACDM) as a rolling plan, many strategic priorities will kick start in Phase 1 (2010-2012). However, Phase 1 also includes ongoing activities intitiated in the previous cycle (2004-2010) as well as those that are already in the pipeline. Phase 2 (2013-2015) activities will sustain the momentum and further strengthen disaster management capacities, mechanisms, and systems that have been developed and/or established. This First Reprint of the Work Programme includes the List of Flagship Projects for AADMER Work Programme Phase 1 (2010-2012) as Annex 7, which was adopted by the 16th ACDM Meeting.
ADMM Concept Papers
- Concept Paper on the Establishment of the ASEAN Center of Military Medicine, adopted at the 9th ADMM, Langkawi, 16 March 2015
- Guidelines to Respond to Request for Informal Engagements of Meetings by the ADMM-Plus Countries, adopted at the 9th ADMM, Langkawi, 16 March 2015
- Concept Paper on the ASEAN Militaries Ready Group on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief, adopted at the 9th ADMM, Langkawi, 16 March 2015
- ADMM Three-Year Work Programme 2014-2016, adopted at the 8th ADMM, Nay Pyi Taw, 20 May 2014
- Concept Paper on Establishing a Direct Communications Link in the ADMM Process, adopted at the 8th ADMM, Nay Pyi Taw, 20 May 2014
- Additional Protocol to the Concept Papers on the Establishment of an ADMM and the ADMM-Plus, adopted at the 8th ADMM, Nay Pyi Taw, 20 May 2014
- Concept Paper on the Transition of the ADMM-Plus Experts’ Working Group Co-Chairmanship, adopted at the 7th ADMM, Bandar Seri Begawan, 7 May 2013